Error 103?104? 105? or 404?
Are you suffering from any of these errors?
Error 103: This error occurs when your computer or router is not able to find the internet connection. This error usually results by fault in the settings of the modem/router, and is the most popular error on DLink Modems and Routers.
- Try “https” instead of “http” in the URLs.
- Make sure your router or modem is configured correctly and your firewall is not blocking your internet connections.
- Reset your modem or router, and reconfigure it properly.
Error 104: Also appears as Error 104(ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED). This error occurs when your computer is not able to establish a connection to the server.
- Check if your internet connection/gateway connection is connected.
- Use a proxy server in your router.
- Take help of your ISP.
Error 105: This error occurs when the TCP connection to the server times out. This error occurs when there’s a big load on your network, your speed is too slow or your server is down.
- Check if your LAN is overloaded.
- Restart your router or modem.
- Reconfigure your router modem.