Firmware is the root software of? a device, just like the Operating System on computers. Keeping your phone up-to-date, with the latest firmware is what keeps your phone lively! Nokia releases many firmware updates with bug-fixes, extra features or just improved versions. If you have the latest firmware installed on your Nokia gadget, you can be sure to have access to the latest softwares that come into existence and the most latest features that roll out!
Updating your phone’s firmware, whenever an update is available also puts a new life into your phone. If your phone starts hanging, or works slower than how it used to be before, re-installing the firmware or updating will surely help it get back to normal. :)
Here’s a noob-friendly video that you can follow to update your Nokia device’s firmware, followed by the written Procedures.
- Nokia Device (of course, whichever you want to update/reinstall the firmware of)
- USB Connector (to connect your phone to PC)
- Nokia PC Suite (Get it Here)
- Nokia Software Updater (Get it over Here)
- Connect your device in “PC Suite” mode via USB Cable.
- Run Nokia Content Copier and back-up the Phone Memory.
- Remove the Memory Card. Keep it aside for the Update Process.
- Make sure your battery is full, so that it doesn’t run out screwing up your phone during the update.
- Run Nokia Software Updater.
- Follow the steps, and start the update.
- During the Update, the screen might go blank several times, and the PC might warn you that your device is disconnected. Don’t bother, it’s part of the update process.
- After the Update, the phone will restart.
- Restore the Phone Memory back-up via the Nokia Content Copier.
- That’s it, you’re done updating your Nokia! :)